I. General Description
1. The formal name of the micro nation - state is " Republic of Aquitaine ".
2. The short formal name of the micro nation - state is " Republic of
3. The informal name is " Republic of Aquitaine micro nation - state ".
II. Political System
1. The political system is monarchy with elements of parliamental democracy.
2. Head of state is the Duke of Aquitaine with limitation of political
3. Prime Minister of the Republic of Aquitaine is by order of the Duke.
4. The Governing Body is consisted of ten (10) elected members and the Duke.
5. The Governing Body is elected every 5 years by the legal citizens of the
Republic of Aquitaine.
6. Governing Body members have equal voting rights.
7. Governing Body members elect or select the Ministers and form the
8. The Duke cannot decide without Governing Body's permission unless
9. Royal Charters are issued by the Royal Family only.
10. Foreign Policy is specified by the Governing Body and executed by the
permanent Minister of Foreign Affairs.
III. Royality and Privilidges
1. The Duke is not elected or selected.
2. The Duke is the Head of the State as described in aII/p2.
3. The Duke has voting and / or veto rights on all matters of state.
4. The Duke issues Royal Charters to suggest or decide for all matters.
5. The Duke selects the Governing Body members in special circumstances.
6. The The Royal Flag of the Duke will be flown when the Royal family and the Duke is in residence.
7. The Duke awards with royal titles, citizens, foreigners or Institutions.
IV. Foreign Policy and External Relations
1. The Foreign policy is decided by the Governing Body (see aII/p10).
2. Minister of Foreign Affairs or any other foreign policy authorities
exist, deals with external relations.
3. Representation in inter-micro-national or inter-micro-nation - state
organizations is held by Minister of Foreign Affairs.
4. Minister of Foreign Affairs must follow a neutral policy towards other
micro nation(s) or micro nation - states.
5. Neutrality is kept unless special circumstances (security reasons).
6. Foreign relations are divided into levels (allied, recognized, neutral-
7. Officer of External Relations is responsible for contacts.
8. Recognition treaties are signed by Minister of Foreign Affairs on behalf
of the Governing Body.
9. Any treaties must reflect the ideals and the goals of the foundation
V. Citizenship and Rights
1. Citizenship applications are held by the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. All citizenships are dealt under the " EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES ACT ".
3. Informatics Department is responsible for using and storing citizen data.
4. All data is confidential and does NOT include personal data.
5. The Committee of Equality is responsible for monitoring the p2,p3,p4
6. All citizens are eligible to form parties and act politically.
7. All citizens are eligible to take part in elections and hold
8. All Citizens of the Republic of Aquitaine will give help and assistance to
Those in need, when asked upon.
9. Neutral foreign citizens must sign special documents before being eligible
for taking part is political elections in the Republic of Aquitaine.
VI. CULTURAL DESCRIPTION
1. Official language is English as defined and recorded in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
2. Other languages such as Italian, French, Spanish and Greek are accepted but NOT official.
3. Original nationality is considered a personal data and should not be asked by authorities except for the Department of Informatics (for statistical reasons).
4. There is NO supported or official religion.
5. Religion is a part of the Republic of Aquitaine as a micro nation - state and individuals can choose their own religion (see aI/p4).
VII. General Law and Ethics
1, There is no written law, but based on Common Law.
2. The Duke and Governing Body decide on legal applications.
3. The Royal Court is responsible for legal problem solving for citizens
4. Royal Court works within its own charter.
5. Common Ethics is used for solving day-to-day problems.
VIII. Education and Economy
1. Education is part of the Public Institutions Council.
2. Economy is supervised by the Governing Body.
IX. Republic and other Depended Micro Nations and Micro Nation - States
1. The Republic is autonomous and has its own political structure.
2. The Republic's Head of State is a member of the Republic of Aquitaine's Royal Family.
3. The Republic's constitution is written and modified by The Republic's government.
4. The Republic's governmental authorities are by order of The Duke and the Prime Minister.
5. Depended Micro Nations and Micro Nations - States are autonomous and auto managed with the counseling of the Governing Body.
6. Depended Micro Nations and Micro Nations - States follow a distinct integral policy.
7. Depended Micro Nations and Micro Nations - States belong to the 2nd Section Minister of Foreign Affairs / Department of External Relations administrative and use Minister of Foreign Affairs as external relations resource(s).
The letter a is used for article.
The letter p is used for paragraph.
The reference aI/p2 means article 1 (one), paragraph 2 (two).
XI. VALIDATION OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF AQUITAINE
By order of Duke Norman I, the Royal Governing Body, the Government of the Republic of Aquitaine and the Council of Laws and Ethics VALIDATE
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF AQUITAINE
[X] DUKE NORMAN I 02/05/2003
Duke of the people of the Republic of Aquitaine
[X] HE SIR DELMAR F. PORTER JR. 02/05/2003
Prime Minister of the Republic of Aquitaine